What Is Hemp-Derived CBD and Is It Legal?
Take Control of Your Health Naturally
Hemp has a very unique history that we cannot ignore. Hemp has and is one of the most valuable commodities to mankind. Here are several of the most interesting historical facts about Hemp
The first American Flag was made from Hemp
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew Hemp
Ben Franklin made Hemp paper
The Declaration of Independence was drafted on Hemp
Hemp was used as money in the 1800’s
You used to be jailed for NOT growing Hemp
You can make 25,000 products with Hemp
What is Hemp-Derived CBD?
CBD comes from industrial hemp plants. Cannabidiol (CBD), a constituent that naturally occurs in industrial Hemp, is just one of over 85 cannabinoids that is identified in the cannabis plant. The purest oil is CO2 extracted which results in a solvent free extract.
What is it used for Today?
There are several health benefits associated with Hemp.
- Hemp Oil Can Help Prevent Varicose Veins:Like other compounds high in omega-3s, hemp oil can thin your blood, reducing blood clots and varicose veins.
- Hemp Oil Helps Prevent Demyelination Of Nervous System: Essential fatty acids are necessary for a healthy cell membrane structure. They also prevent the demyelination, the destruction of the myelin sheath (a membrane that protects the nerve cells).
- Hemp Oil Regenerates and Energizes The Skin’s Protective Layer: Due to its high content of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, hemp oil has a composition similar to skin lipids, which makes it an excellent natural emollient and moisturizer. It is especially useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin and nails. It increases the skin elasticity and water retention capacity in tissues. Pure hemp oil can be used to treat dry hair and is often included in hair conditioners.
- Hemp Oil Can Be Good For Diabetics: Due to its low carbohydrate and sugar content, hemp oil is can be a great food additive for diabetics. The nutrients present in it can help moderate blood sugar levels
- Hemp Oil Helps Lower Cholesterol: The only vegetable oil to contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (3:1), hemp oil can help lower cholesterol levels by accelerating metabolic processes. With a faster metabolism, fats burn at a quicker rate and are not deposited on the artery walls.
- Hemp Oil Can Help Prevent Psoriasis: Psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids in the body. The fatty acids present in hemp oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration.
- Hemp Oil is Great for Vegetarians: Getting the right balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can be tricky for vegetarians and vegans. Hemp oil has the optimal ratio of these acids.
- Hemp Oil Can Boost Your Immunity: Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids also improve immunity and regulate intestinal flora, thus building a natural barrier against microbes and increasing the resilience of the body.
- Hemp Oil Helps Maintain a Hormonal Balance: Hemp is the only edible seed that contains gamma-linolenic acid, which is eventually converted to the protective hormone prostaglandin PGE1 that regulates the hormonal balance and supports menopausal health.
Hemp products sold in stores are most often made with hemp seed oil, which can contain only trace amounts of CBD. While it has been noted that hemp seed oil can be a great source of nutrition, its marginal quantity of CBD per weight makes it unfeasible as a CBD supplement. A Full Spectrum Hemp Oil, however, is extracted from the stalk of specifically selected hemp cultivars, offering higher percentages of CBD by weight and additional nutritional benefits.
Is this legal?
Under the 2014 Farm Bill, CBD derived from Hemp Seed Oil that has less than 0.3% THC by dry weight is federally legal.
HempWorx products are made from industrial hemp plants grown on Kentucky farms. Cannabidiol (CBD), a constituent that naturally occurs in industrial Hemp, is just one of over 85 cannabinoids that is identified in the cannabis plant. Our oil is CO2 extracted resulting in a solvent free, pure extract.